Sunday, December 23, 2012

MLM: The Pied Piper of Dreams


 
The Pied Piper luring the children away
Most of us, if not all, have heard about the Pied Piper. The Pied Piper is the subject of a legend concerning the departure or death of many children from the town of Hamelin , Germany, in the Middle Ages. He is dressed in multicolored clothing, leading the children away from the town never to return. In the 16th century the story was expanded into a full narrative, in which the piper is a rat-catcher hired by the town to lure rats away with his magic pipe. When the citizenry refuses to pay for this service, he retaliates by turning his magic on their children, leading them away as he had the rats.

The Pied Piper became a symbol of death to the youth, and it’s all because these unsuspecting children are lured with the beautiful music that he was playing. The children are like the people of today – unaware, unsuspecting and clueless of the perils of the Pied Piper of the moment --the MLM. Like a beautiful music, MLM keeps attracting people on their scheme with false promises of wealth and security. These promises filled the head of their prospects that followed the system blindly. A never-ending journey of seeking the financial freedom, which later on turned out to be devastating as one falls deep in the pit of debt.
Financial woes, distant friends, unfulfilled love; scarred relationships are the results of years of hanging on with MLM. There’s nothing to gain, but more to lose. MLM sells hope, and when you gladly buy on it you will be trapped and will be amongst those who drowned themselves in this cult. In one of the numerous seminars that I have attended before, one leader made a graphic example of selling hope to its prospect. He drew a mark, and specifically asked the audience of what they are going to do if for example he buries a pot of gold very deep down the dirt while the audience is still on the room. He said that whoever shall dig the treasure first, he shall own it. Most in the audience replied that they will do their best to dig the treasure no matter what it takes. The leader then again asked, what if I asked you to leave before I bury the gold. Will you still dig if you are unsure if there’s any wealth in there? Most became skeptic, some replied they will try and the rest says they won’t do anything. The leader points out that MLM was the hidden treasure. And it depends on how the members will dig their way to success. Even if it means unconsciously tiring themselves because they will never see the treasure unless they try. And one should never quit because you will never know how close you are to the treasure!

MLM plays and cons with people dreams just like how the Pied Piper plays with his magic pipe. They continuously tempt people to join so they will benefit from their sign-up fees and unlimited product purchases. Let no one defraud you and snatch your logical self into taking part on a scheme that won’t give you anything but liabilities. Be aware, be informed and be vigilant. Never fall prey to the Pied Piper of today – which is the MLM.

5 comments:

  1. it is an amazing comparison for Amway or any MLM for that matter. Innocent people with ambition are tricked into it and all they make it is to go from bad to worse in the lives. I was also one such guy who believed in my colleague who happened to be in MLM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this and all the imagery! I'm in college and once i started I've had encounters with this MLM bullshit, either directly or seeing my friends dragged into it. It all is just so messed up that once they get brainwashed there is literally nothing I could do to bring them back :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I spend a good 5 years working in an MLM. I learned a lot from this business (financial) and consider it a benefit to my future. The problem was, that it was a "quick fix", I didn't want to go to university because I didn't have the money and didn't want to put in the time. Looking back, I was so naive and I wanted "out" of my life and into something more exciting and purposeful. That was not the answer. I am now in university in my 30's after "wasting" a lot of time in MLM, and I love it. I know that if I put in the time and get my degree (in something that leads to a job!) that I will be happy that I can contribute my new knowledge and live a purposeful life. There are no shortcuts in life.
    P.S. MLM put a strain on my relationships BIG time, I thought that everyone was trying to live a dull life and the only way to live was to get rich and give back. Boy was I wrong. It has taken me so many years to get back on track with my life and get my head out of the clouds. Thankfully my close friends stood by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to you for taking the brave path away from such a deceitful industry. I want to encourage you (and anyone else) that the way the average person acquires wealth (I mean REAL wealth) is through maintaining a long-term outlook and lifestyle where one's income exceeds one's out-go (spending). There are 2 ways to do this. It involves a simple FORMULA of age-old wisdom and is the same formula for many of life's challenges. Here's an example. Do you want to lose weight? Here are the 2 ways to use the formula; either exercise more or eat less. How do you know if the formula is working? The results! On the subject of accumulating wealth, we can either earn more or spend less. I think there are many people out there who worry too much about increasing their income instead of just living within their means (or lower) and spending less. We are a spoiled society (influenced by the boob tube - marketers). There are also great programs out there that teach living a debt-free lifestyle no matter your income level. There are ways for lower-income families to get creative. I know; I did it. It works! Check out Dave Ramsey and others like him. Yes, his materials cost some money, but he has lots of free advice on his website also. He also speaks on the radio. I personally did not follow him, but I followed a local pastor in my area and his teachings. Living debt free is hard to explain to others because they tend to think it can't be done or they look at the sacrifices that must be made in order to get there; but oh, there's nothing out there like it! One more comment about "the average person." Never let someone come along and make you feel guilty for being an average wage earner. Never allow someone to entice you with visions of becoming "above average" in a short period of time. Can this happen? Yes. How often does a genuine chance of a lifetime come along? It must be measured against a value system that requires you to keep your soul; your honesty, your integrity. Sometimes it's possible, but it's rare. Instead, Dave Ramsey says, Live like no one else today so that you can live like no one else in the future (be above average in the future). What he means is that today's sacrifices and hard work will pay off big-time in the future. Enjoy a happy life doing the RIGHT things and taking the RIGHT path and don't forget to give the road to debt freedom a chance and discover the power that comes with it. It's wonderful!

      Delete
  4. keep up the good work, Great post, thanks for sharing,
    Southwest Airlines Reservations
    Cheap Flights to Hawaii
    Southwest Airlines Flight Status
    https://www.southwest-airlinereservations.org/

    ReplyDelete